Cygnett UK ‘Design Your Own iPad Case’ Competition Process and Terms & Conditions
1. Entrants upload their details, proposal and portfolio to the form. Submissions will close on Friday, 29 June 2012.
2. Successful Applicants will be notified by Monday, 9 July 2012.
3. Cygnett will select the top entries and mail out an Alumni new iPad blank canvas case and competition pack to successful applicants by Monday, 16 July 2012.
4. Successful applicants are given ten (10) weeks to design their iPad case. They must then photograph an accurate representation of their art and either upload it to our Facebook Art Upload App or email it to UKcomp@cygnett.com by Monday, 24 September 2012.
5. Finished iPad cases must be mailed to Cygnett UK, Forsyth House, 39 Mark Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7DN by Wednesday, 26 September 2012.
6.Artists’ entries will be voted on at Cygnett's Facebook Voting App. The five artists who generate the most votes will be selected to go onto the finals. Entrants have from 26 September to 24 October 2012 to generate votes.
7. All artists will be invited to the Cygnett UK 'Design Your iPad Case Competition' Exhibition, where all competition entries will be on display. On the night, the winner will be announced and presented with a new iPad, alongside the four runners-up, who will each be presented £100 Cygnett Vouchers. All artists are eligible for ‘The Press Award for Most Creative Design’ judged by a panel of journalists on the night, where the winner will receive £200 of art supplies, on Friday, 26 October 2012.
Terms & Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open to all UK-based residents who reside in the UK for the duration of the competition and the announcement of the winners at the competition exhibition (Monday, 16 July to Friday, 26 October 2012). Proof of identity and eligibility may be requested. Any entrant under 18 years of age must have written parental consent to enter this competition and will be requested to provide written parental consent if selected as a finalist or winner.
2. Entry to the competition is only by entering online (‘the Website’). Entrants agree to use the Website at their sole risk and CYGNETT, to the fullest extent possible, disclaims all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Website and an entrant’s use of it.
CYGNETT accepts no responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with the Website or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly received. Save where not permissible by law, CYGNETT accepts no liability under these Terms and Conditions and in relation to this competition.
3. All entries must be completed on the Website and include an entrant’s first and last name, postal address, email address, brief design proposal and portfolio or website address, if their designs are to be considered.
Online entries will be accepted between Friday, 18 May 2012 and Friday, 29 June 2012 and must be completed no later than 12:00 midnight Friday, 29 June 2012. Entries completed after this closing date will not be accepted.
From the online entries, the top designs will be selected by CYGNETT. Successful applicants will be notified by email by Monday, 9 July 2012. They will be mailed one (1) CYGNETT Alumni new iPad blank canvas case and competition pack by Monday, 16 July 2012.
4. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT SUBMISSIONS: All entry designs must be original and the entrant must be the exclusive owner and controller of the design and have the moral rights in it. If the design infringes any third party copyright or contains any defamatory, highly offensive or otherwise unlawful matter, the entry will be rejected. The entrant agrees to indemnify CYGNETT against any claims, losses, liabilities and/or costs as a result of any breach by the entrant of any of these Terms and Conditions.
i. Successful applicants are invited to design their iPad case, photograph it and either upload it to the Facebook Art Upload App (‘the Art Upload App’) or email the image to UKcomp@cygnett.com, no later than 12:00 midnight Monday, 24 September 2012
ii. Finished iPad case designs must still be able to hold a new iPad and iPad 2 without causing damage to the device and leave access to all ports and controls
iii. All submissions must be made using the iPad case provided
iv. Photographs of designs to be published on CYGNETT’S Facebook iPad Case Design Voting App (‘the Voting App’) must be submitted as either a jpeg, gif or png file
v. Files must not exceed 3Mb (3145728 bytes)
vi. Photographs of designs must be unadulterated and an accurate representation of the artwork
vii. Finished iPad Case designs will be requested in the original media (e.g. the actual customised iPad case) and must be received at CYGNETT, Forsyth House, 39 Mark Road, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7DN by 17:00 Wednesday, 26 September 2012
viii. Successful Applicants must ‘like’ CYGNETT’s Facebook page to receive updates on the competition
All finished iPad Cases remain the property of CYGNETT. CYGNETT has the right to alter photographs or the finished iPad case design in the original media, in whole or in part, if developing it to be suitable for production. This will be undertaken by CYGNETT’s design team and the copyright in such changes belongs to CYGNETT. CYGNETT may also add any logos and web addresses to any design.
By submitting a photograph or the finished iPad case design in the original media to this competition, each entrant consents to their artwork being printed onto any CYGNETT product or webpage and, in consideration of the Prize, irrevocably assigns CYGNETT and its successors, the exclusive, worldwide right to use the design and agrees to waive all moral rights in the design. Entrants may be required to enter into a CYGNETT Licence agreement (although nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall oblige CYGNETT to use a design on its products or exercise any of its rights).
5. TIMING: This competition runs from Friday, 18 May 2012 until Friday, 26 October 2012. Online entries must be submitted no later than 12:00 midnight Friday, 30 June 2012. Successful Applicant Submission photographs must be emailed or submitted to the Art Upload App no later than 12:00 midnight Monday, 24 September 2012. Finished iPad folios in their original media must reach CYGNETT no later than 17:00 Wednesday, 26 September 2012. Entries or submissions received after these closing dates will not be accepted.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The winners will be selected on merit of the art work from all eligible entries by the panel of judges to be selected by CYGNETT (which shall include the design team and members of the marketing team. The panel may also consult with a number of young people and take into account votes cast on the Voting App) and, in the case of ‘The Press Award for Most Creative Design’, by a panel of journalists at the Exhibition. The panels will select the best entries, the designers of which will be awarded the relevant Prize.
Of the entries, based on proposal and portfolio, CYGNETT will select the successful applicants to be invited to realise their design.
The successful applicants will submit an accurate photograph of their design. Finished iPad Case photographs will be loaded to the Voting App. The five (5) finalists will be determined by most votes cast for designs at the Voting App between Wednesday 26 September 2012 and 12:00 midnight Wednesday, 24 October 2012.
All artists will be invited to the Cygnett UK 'Design Your iPad Case Competition' Exhibition, held at a London art gallery on Friday, 26 October 2012. All competition entries will be exhibited in the original media. The competition winner, four runners-up and winner of Most Creative Design will be announced and presented with prizes.
CYGNETT will issue a press release announcing winners of the competition. CYGNETT may wish to attach a tag to accessories produced using a winning design with details of the winner’s first name, the competition they have won or other achievements, the region where they’re based and some facts to be agreed about the winner.
If a selected finalist or winner is unable to attend the ‘Design Your Own iPad Case’ Competition Exhibition on Friday, 26 October 2012, cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made or, in the case of an entrant who is under 18 years of age, fails to provide written parental consent, CYGNETT reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant. CYGNETT’s decision as to the winner is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
8. PRIZES: There will be a competition winner, four runners up and a winner of The Press Award for the Most Creative Design selected. The prizes are set out below (in each case, ‘the Prize’)
For the winner, one (1) Apple new iPad
For the four (4) runners up, one (1) £100 Cygnett Voucher each
For the Most Creative Design, one (1) £200 Voucher for art supplies
Prizes are as stated and non transferable. No cash or other alternatives available except as stated above. CYGNETT may substitute the Prize with any similar prize. The prizes will be presented at the Cygnett UK 'Design Your iPad Case Competition' Exhibition, held at a London art gallery, on Friday, 26 October 2012.
9. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, CYGNETT’s decision shall be final, and CYGNETT reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. CYGNETT reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted by English law and CYGNETT and the entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
CYGNETT is a trademark of Cygnett Pty Ltd. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Cygnett Head Office, Building 4/650 Church Street, Richmond Victoria 3121, Australia.