As Australia’s premier developer of digital accessories, Cygnett is committed to adopting and adhering to the highest standards to safeguard our customers' personal information. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the word customers includes visitors to our website and users of our services, and purchases of our products.
Cygnett, like all companies operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) with regards to the handling of personal information.
Cygnett's collection, use and disclosure of personal information is set out below:
What personal information does Cygnett collect and why?
Cygnett collects personal information about you in order to provide a better service and though there are many aspects of our services and our website that can be viewed without providing personal information, there are times, for example access to customer support features, when you will be required to submit personally identifiable information.
We usually collect personal information directly from you, although sometimes we may use agents or service providers to do this for us. We may also acquire lists from other sources, both from other companies and from other public documents.
The personal information you provide to Cygnett will enhance the products and services we offer you. The type of personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services and your username, password and IP address. It may also include sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password. This information permits us to provide support, and also helps us develop products to better suit your needs.
How Cygnett may use your Personal Information
The personal information you provide Cygnett may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- processing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services requested;
- billing you or administering your account;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our products and services generally;
- contacting you about our group companies' products and services;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our and our group companies' loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes; and
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. For example, we may use your personal information to keep you informed about features or conducting analysis in order to provide better service to you. To opt-out of receiving certain Cygnett marketing materials, please contact Cygnett on +61 (0)3 9429 2552.
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons.
Sharing your Personal Information
Cygnett may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities;
- our dealers and agents, or any company within the Cygnett group for purposes that are related to providing you with a service which would be reasonably expected.
- Unless you consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties, other than those who have contracted with Cygnett to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information. These companies may include, but are not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping.
For each visitor to our website/s, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only the data collected from the time of the policy change forward. .
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Upon your request, Cygnett will provide access to your personal information we hold, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
How to contact us
Phone: +613 9429 2552
Cygnett Pty Ltd
650 Church Street
Richmond VIC 3121 Australia